Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ifs vs dropped axle
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 11:01 PM

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65shelby
thanks once again guys, duece, i want to be in that line of cars! Thats an awesome shot. Has anyone used a rack other than the vega mounted one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65shelby
I know of the vega box, but there is a rack commonly used that they designed to bolt to a vega box bracket attached to the frame, thanks tho
The shot of my 32 roadster was taken @ the GoodGuys Indy event 2007. That shot was actually printed in Street Rodder Magazine. 2007 was the 75th anniversary of the 32 Ford and GoodGuys had a special get together @ the Indy Speedway for 32 Fords only.

GO HERE to see it on the Street Rodder web page

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/event.../photo_08.html

The Uni-Steer works great. I have one on my 32 Ford 3W.

Vega boxes are good also but finding a good used one on a Vega is difficult. Buying a new repro quality Vega box is almost as much as the Uni-Steer. Some of the repro Vega boxes are not very good.

I had converted a friends 32 with a Vega ... over to a Uni-Steer and liked it. SO ... I bought one for my 3W. I have a Vega box on the roadster. It works well also ... but if it ever needs replacing, I will convert it to the Uni-Steer also.

Last edited by Deuce; 10-12-2011 at 11:55 PM.