I'll try to be clear. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 PM
36 Chevy Low Cab

Last journal entry: C4 IRS
Wiki Edits: 0

I'll try to be clear.

I'll try to be clear with my question. In the attatchment you'll notice there is a relief (1/4 valley) all the way around the fire wall about 1" forward of the bead where the rear of the hood meets the cab. ( ) If that wasnt confusing I dont know what is. LOL's. Anyway...I assume that is for a piece of weather stripping...I'm picturing a sort of rope that is attatched via the hole at the bottom then stretched around to the top? Can anyone help? I've concidered filling the valley (spot welds) and instead using a sticky backed figure eight weather strip, from someone like Softseal, placing it behind the hood so its not noticeable when the hood is raised?

Thanks,
Dave G

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 12:52 AM

Yea you're right it was confusing.......not really if you know what to look for. Your idea sounds good and will probably work ok but some of the stick on rubber pieces seem to loosen up or lose the adhesiveness (is that a word?) over the years. It would seal better than the old rope looking piece, all depends on the look you want. I wouldn't fill the holes though, just cover them if possible with the rubber seal.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 AM
36 Chevy Low Cab

Last journal entry: C4 IRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT
Yea you're right it was confusing.......not really if you know what to look for. Your idea sounds good and will probably work ok but some of the stick on rubber pieces seem to loosen up or lose the adhesiveness (is that a word?) over the years. It would seal better than the old rope looking piece, all depends on the look you want. I wouldn't fill the holes though, just cover them if possible with the rubber seal.
Thanks....believe me...I dont want to have to fill the void. My trouble is...I had to replicate the lower front cab corners because the originals were literally gone. One of the previous owners really like plastic filler. I started with new steel and formed it the best I could. Wasnt easy duplicating the body line at the bottom....affraid its going to be even harder to duplicate the valley I'm talking about. How did the factory seal work? The way I imagined it does?

Dave G

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in