Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Imperfections after paint
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:26 PM
True Hotrodder

Wiki Edits: 0

Like Tony mentioned if you don't put something on it to show your progress knocking down the primer, then it's real easy to miss stuff. I also know that a lot of people that "want" to block out the panels miss a couple of things. One is making sure that all the body work areas are completely done, primered, guide coated, blocked and then primed again - before you squirt a few coats of primer on the entire vehicle to block the rest of it. And if you come up on something when blocking, then yep you gotta stop and get that area straight before moving on. More than once I have had someone tell me, yep I saw that spot and meant to go back to it - but it never happened. And when putting the primer on for blocking - several coats, medium wet is what you want. You need material to work with and lastly - wait. Let the primer shrink as long as you can stand it - newer stuff is better but waiting doesn't hurt a bit.