Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Installing new body mounts
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:57 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

So I want to make sure this is right. I have to loosen up all three mounts on one side to properly lift it up enough to pull the mounts out and replace one at a time. I will buy some 4x4's and cut to size so I can lift it up just enough and make sure I don't lift up any ground straps or brake lines etc so as not to break anything. I can't afford to replace all six at once so I am going to replace the two front cab mounts first as they are the worse and have lost the bottom retainer pieces but from what I see the other four mounts don't have the bottom retainer pieces and I can get a whole bushing set from energy suspension for less then a hundred bucks but I have to get an oem replacement set that comes with all new hardware for the two front cab mounts.

On the radiator mounts all I have to do is take off my front clip and grill and I have access to the top of the radiator mounts through the radiator core support so I don't think I will have to take off my fenders but I will see. Also how would you get access to the top of the nuts that sit on top of the two front cab mounts when I can't see any access panel inside the cab? On the rear I have my floor actually cut out in the cab corner area as when I had some new cab corners put on and welded and stuff I had them to cut a small spot out in the floor so I can have access to coat the inside of the cab corners with a rust preventive and also spray a lot of spray guard inside my rocker panels to help keep them from rusting etc. I have a fabricated piece that I lay back across to cover them up but I know that would give me access to the rear ones no problem.

I watched some videos to get an idea on how this can be done as I just hope I can get my bolts out with out stripping or breaking anything. I just wish I could get the energy suspension kit and some hardware separate without having to buy the bushings with the hardware but from what I could find at rock auto or anywhere else nobody has the hardware separate like the metal retainer pieces and the special kup ones that fit underneath the two front cab mounts and I wish at least I could get 6 new bolts that I would need especially for the radiator core support as they are really rusted and in my LMC catalog they have stuff for all the s10's except for my year which is not good.

Seems to be hard to get some things from what I can find and around here in Ohio looking in a junkyard to see if there would be any good s10 pieces that I could grab would be a waist of time as about any s10 I see within my year range are so rotted and scarce it pitiful. Thanks guys for the help and info and much appreciated and this will be a new learning experience that is for sure.