Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intake air temps are way too hot.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 10:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,008 Times in 832 Posts
Yes I run a controller. A snow performance stage 2 kit. Itís fully self contained in a 2.125 gauge. It is also a boost gauge. It included the 3qt tank, pump and enough for one nozzle. It was less than $400 and weíve been using it in the street for either 3 or 4 years without any failures.

Regarding heat soak, yup, youíre going to have a bunch with any thing forced induction. It took me a minute or two to get head wrapped around that, but if you think that the turbine is at exhaust temps all of the time (800-1000 degrees). Then you shut off the motor and the heat transfers over the to compressor and compressor housing, then when you refute the car you really need some air flow across the cooler to get that cooled down. At the strip, it just ainít happening. The same goes for the carb hat.

If you had a normal air cleaner, then when you restart the car it almost immediately pulls in ambient temp air, which immediately cools the intake and carb.

We can cruise at highway speeds on a 90 degree day and have the intake temps stay over 100. Then jab the throttle to full meth injection for 3-4 seconds and it will cool the intake temps into the 70ís and they will never get above 90 again until we come to a stop.

One thing for certain though. Use the meth as a safety unless you have 8 individual injectors for it. All the cylinders are not getting the same affect from it if you have it in front of the throttle plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk