Iused this evercoat .many years now// - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2016, 12:31 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Iused this evercoat .many years now//

i used this because it sanded lots easier ..Is this still good mud to use? I have half of a can--- to go over my Duraglass. Whats your take on this stuff? thanks much bob s
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evercoat bondo 001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	336721  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 04:48 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanked 1,464 Times in 1,115 Posts
If its made by evercoat You've picked the right brand next all you have to do is find the one that fits your needs (like a puppy) and like a puppy, once you find the right one it'll be with you a long time.
All I can say is I like Z-grip and I've been using it forever (25yrs)
Same with my putty, EZ sand is what works for me also by Evercoat
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
bsa_bob2 (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
I like all of evercoat products but they use a much different can now might want to check and see just how old that stuff is before you use it. If its no good or really old its best to buy new since you wont know if its a problem until after its setup and sanded. Best to open the can and see if its goo and clumps or still a regular uniform color.

But yes evercost is still the good stuff. light weight is not a bad idea but best used where its needed. that can be said for all of there products none are really perfect for every application. But most can be used anywhere with good results.

I had some everglass that was only a few years old and it was separated badly. i did mix it back up and use some for a project. It worked but did not seem as easy to work as when it was new. It clumped up more and didnt seem to lay out as well as i remember. If i was going to do another car i would buy a new can. Its almost empty anyway and served its purpose.
You make some valid points Mr compton.This can was last used.."been stored" about 2005 . It looks like you say not dried up,;. I used a small patch of steel in the F-WALL-covered it with this can of evercoat and it worked like it was used yesterday--. jus used new hardener. Bad part is the hardener lays around, Along time- and doesn't seem to change at all..to me.Got the replies i was looking for. thank you much hcompton and dead bodyman happy new year bob s

Old 12-31-2016, 07:39 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint
Wiki Edits: 11

Thanked 1,464 Times in 1,115 Posts
Heres a little trick for ya when the filler gets old (3months or more).
When you open the can you'll see the filler has separated from the syrup, instead of mixing it up thoroughly you can mix it half way down and get a creamier filler from the top half and a thicker filler from the bottom half.
The can has to be closed up tight after use though not just set the lid on which is what most of us do.
If they sold the syrup we wouldn't need finishing putty at all THATS the expensive stuff at 35.00 a qt
Old 01-03-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Heres a little trick for ya when the filler gets old (3months or more).
When you open the can you'll see the filler has separated from the syrup, instead of mixing it up thoroughly you can mix it half way down and get a creamier filler from the top half and a thicker filler from the bottom half.
The can has to be closed up tight after use though not just set the lid on which is what most of us do.
If they sold the syrup we wouldn't need finishing putty at all THATS the expensive stuff at 35.00 a qt
I thought they did sell the "syrup", it's called polyester resin.
I've used the Evercoat for many years, then stumbled upon U-Pol.
I like UPol because it goes on nice and smooth, no pinholes, and works real nice with 80grit. But Evercoat is good stuff, albeit a bit coarser than the UPol.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:01 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast

evercoat rage ultra is good stuff. The Upol stuff spreads nice but it clogs paper. I wouldn't use anything less quality than rage. Cheap filler is more prone to pinholes. Honey works great to a certain degree but if you add in the cost of honey, the paper it clogs, and the cheap filler you're using that causes you to use honey, you could have just gotten a better filler to start with that doesn't need honey. Trust me on this, Rage Ultra is what you want. I'd throw away that light weight can you got, it's junk. no offense, but it just is.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:13 AM
Slow but willing learner

Thanked 9,068 Times in 4,450 Posts
When I prepped the chassis for paint I had part of a can of Rage Gold and a can of Rage Ultra.

The Ultra is far superior to the gold. I was really impressed with it.

John

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in