iwata or sata & what tip/needle/cap - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305
Wiki Edits: 2

iwata or sata & what tip/needle/cap

Ok so it's been awhile but last time I was looking @ upgrading from the finishline 4 to the tekna prolite but winter came & I mostly stuck to bodywork when my health would allow me.So Ive read ALOT of reviews on guns & Im stuck between the satajet 400 & iwata lph400 with a 1.4 tip. Now whatever gun I.purchase will be strictly for clear coat & I will only be using spi clear as I havent read 1 bad thing about it.Which clear from them Im not sure yet any suggestions?Ive been using summits med solids with a 1.3 tip & I get ok results but nothing Im really really proud of.
Now I.know the iwata is suppose to be a slower gun then the sata & heres where Im hung up,do I go with the faster gun or slower?The flg4 is slow&to get the clear on how I like it I have to move pretty slow & doing that I get runs if Im not careful.Also I need help choosing what cap & tip for which gun?The iwata has a better price tag but every painter I talk to use satas Im hung up.I first was gonna go with the prolite but it looks like its close but not as good as the satas & iwatas.Theres a jobber near by he has alot of iwatas on sale the satas are back to reg price.Ill pay more if need be Ill be painting 1-6 cars a month.So cap,needle.tips.,input etc.Im using a 60 gallon single stage comp will.be upgrading to an 80 this summer.Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-28-21-08-24.png
Views:	178
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	141770  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 12:34 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Wiki Edits: 0

Nothing better than the LS400 Iwata Supernova with a 1.4 tip. Trust me on this. It sprays clear the best. Bigger tip is better and will require less reducer. When I was filling in for paint duties the weather was perfect and didn't need reducer at all. That's a good thing.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 AM
two cups of tea

Thanks,couple.of questions.Whats a good price for this gun?Whats the correct cap for this gun?Whats a good site to purchase this gun?I ask incase the jobber runs out? He says he had some problems with sata not standing behind there contracts so he drood the price on em to get that line out because he couldnt sell his customere a 700 dollar job that they couldnt get the own maker to hold up there end,anyways made him sound like a stand up guy....
Anyways he says he sells the teknas & he likes em because there anodized&devilbiss stands behind there product.Anyways Im ranting.The only thing that bothers me on the iwata is it looks like the hf so called pro kit someone bought it for me as a gift couldnt even use it as a primer gun,it was hard to set up just a stupid gun.I know there totally diffrent guns but still scares me

Old 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM
two cups of tea

Is the lph300 1.3 any good?jobber has 1 for 325
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Automotive Extraordinaire

Wiki Edits: 0

Asking if a Sata is better than an Iwata is like asking if Ford is better than Chevrolet. They are two totally different guns, but both will spray well, last a long time and give quality results if used properly. If you like to spray fast, the sata is likely the choice for you, if you like to spray a little slower then the Iwata will be your friend. Also, Iwata guns seem to need a little less CFM than the Sata, but it is still just preference. I personally use the Sata RP guns, because I learned to paint fast. Either one will serve you well, if you can before you spend the cash, see if you can try one of each. I spray SPI clear with either my RP 1.4 or 4000 RP 1.3. Both spray the euro and universal clears great. For the SPI clears, a 1.3 or 1.4 tip will work well, again depending on your speed preference, the 1.4 is a little faster than the 1.3.

Kelly

Kelly

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in