Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: StreetKruzer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View StreetKruzer's profile Entries: 26
Views: 5720
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

03-23-2012 08:09 PM Trans Mount.
While checking the installment after the new firewall, I decided that in order to remove & install the engine / tranny combo and since it would probably happen by myself only, I would make a drop out center section of the tranny mount. This let's me go in with the combo at a steeper angle to the back and allows me to do it with the main part of the trans shifter mount attached already.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

03-23-2012 07:58 PM Still the firewall.
Pulled the engine & trannny out for the umpteenth time. First time I've used these clamps to hold a piece in place like this. Really cool! Weld it in, doesn't have to be fancy but will probably show for a while until everything is checked out operational wise. Put the engine & tranny back in to check for fit and install clearances.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

03-23-2012 07:49 PM Firewall
Made a cardboard template and checked for fit. Then used the cardboard template to make a pattern out of thin styrofoam (sp?) posterboard to make sure it would fit in the cutout. I transferred the pattern to a sheet of steel a little bit thicker than the original firewall, (after all, there will be more going on and thru this one). Checked for fit.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

03-23-2012 07:40 PM Let's do something about that firewall!!!!!
2 more pics of how the access panel turned out under the tank. Look at that firewall, this will not do at all. Even though the final plan includes a polished aluminum panel for the front side of the firewall, I would know what was behind there. Time for a change!.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #18]

03-23-2012 07:31 PM More interior work
Started putting together a plan for the fuel tank & battery areas. Wanted an access panel for a fuel shutoff & changing the gas filter under the tank when all of the flooring panels are in. Going to put a bulkhead fitting to make the transition from the underside of the center panel to under the tank.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

Pages (6): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6