Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: StreetKruzer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View StreetKruzer's profile Entries: 26
Views: 5719
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

01-24-2012 09:18 PM CHANGES SO FAR
Trying to keep up with posting the changes to the 33 Ply in the journal so I don't have to go way back to catch up. Pics are of the new tubs, the change to the trans crossmember and how the engine sits with the move forward by the 700r4 swap.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

01-24-2012 08:44 PM BACKBURNER PROJECT
This is the project I have been working on (read) "Off & On" for the last year & a half. Here are some pics as I retired it to the back garage in order to make room for the 1933 Plymouth 4dr that I acquired over the summer. My wife says it the Comet) was "butt ugly" when I got it 11+ years ago and that it is still that way now. So far I stripped it down to the inside walls, 3 x 4 framed it from the front frame rails back, 4-link, 11" engine set back, roll cage, had to make r/r short quarter(none available),(also my first attempt at curved body panels. Plans call for twin turbo 351W, C-6 w/trans brake, all wheel disc, and one piece steel hydraulic push out & tilt front end. (It's easy to dream, harder to get there, but a lot of fun trying). Hope to get back to it this summer after 33 Ply is on the road again.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

01-23-2012 10:39 AM "Before the Redo" pics
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD POST SOME BEFORE PICS SO I HAVE SOMETHING FOR REFERENCE AS I ACCOMPLISH A FEW THINGS. THIS IS HOW DIFFERENT AREAS LOOKED BEFORE I GOT TO THEM.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

01-17-2012 09:04 PM TRIAL FIT MOTOR W/700R4
CHECKING TO SEE WHERE THE ENGINE MOVES TO IF I USE THE TRANNY MOUNT FOR THE OLD TURBO 350 TO DETERMINE PLACEMENT. LOOKS LIKE THE OLD INDENT IN THE FIREWALL FOR THE DIST WILL BE GONE PERMANENTLY. TRANNY PAN ALMOST RUBS MOUNT ON THE PASS SIDE BUT THAT WILL BE A PROJECT FOR THIS WEEKEND.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

01-14-2012 09:10 PM S-10 TO ???????? STEERING SWAP
TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT TO SWAP ON THE S-10 STEERING TO SAVE SOME WEIGHT. POSSIBLY A VEGA BOX?? I THINK IT WOULD BE WAY TOO LOW TO TRY TO USE A RACK & PINION WITH THE REST OF THE S-10 SUSPENSION IN THE WAY.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6