Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bullheimer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bullheimer's profile Entries: 35
Views: 16533
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

05-08-2005 12:35 AM door panel, front end
inside the car it is almost done. starting on the front suspension. my friends Dave Morris and Conan from Champion Chevrolet had both A arms off in like an hour and a half and ate dinner! springs shocks, the whole works. $200 to r n r the whole she-bang.

i repainted each door panel. the a arms have been tanked and i will paint them after the brake shop presses the bushings in and the ball joints go it too. i think that's gonna be about 100 dollars. hey, i'm rich right? oh no, i'm sam. sam that's already up to his assin alligators. i'll paint the a arms black. i am going to work on replacing the body bushings tomorrow with the energy suspension units in the picture. the bilstein shocks are a crappy yellow but then i guess they match the engnie. the old shocks were monroe. you can probably tell. the springs are moog 5642 for a deisel olds wagon. i got the poop at the nastyz. they are about 2 inches shorter than stock and about 100lbs stiffer spozed to be the sheeite. bilsteins are spozed to rock as well. i saw in prh that the body bushings are gonna be a total rag and i will have to cut the uppers out of the body so i will have to get more dremel cutters get this p/n 420! if you cant remember that your mormon. haha all the moog bushings arnt here because they are at the shop with the a arms. we were hoping to get them back friday aft, but we have to wait till monday. that is why i can finish the doors and do other stuff till them oh yeah. that is a white 64 Stingray in the background. the one my friends wife's step dad just gave her that is in mint condition. late

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

05-08-2005 12:24 AM finishing up the doors
finishing up the doors by spraying some sound deadener in on the outer skin, then putting the rubber crap on after it dried so it would stick, then putting the door panel on after i found some screws to go in the holes. i wasted alot of time trying to epoxy the metal clips in the card board, yes, card board backs. and then just threw a couple away because they were close enough to screws that i didnt need them. i put lythium grease on all the window parts that moved. there were alot. the window goes up and down easier now but still drags big time on the brand new window felts in the outer door weather stripping. i dont think there is anything you can do about that tho. they arent too bad tho. i put the plastic water sheild over the hole door's insides on each side as well although there isnt a picture of it

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

05-05-2005 01:08 PM more stuff, console, seats
before the new console can go in i had to make sure the brackets for it were screwed into the shifter.

the new console for Original Equipment Reproductions (i think thats their name) didnt have wires to the light bulb terminals so i had to swap it out with my old one

front seats all in. gotta decide which door panels to use. probably the nicer looking ones with the wood grain

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

05-05-2005 12:16 PM back seat area done
seats all in, panels in the back and package tray, other stuff, front seats, sound deadening the door, (seats are brand new) preferred to carpet area btwn seats

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

05-05-2005 12:13 PM inside paneling
stock pic, then rubber sticky sound deadening, then panels on

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

Pages (7): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7