Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bullheimer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bullheimer's profile Entries: 35
Views: 16451
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

04-20-2005 01:52 PM floor continued
now all the peel & seal and the whole inside is covered with the foil bubble wrap crap, whatever the name of it is i forget. i have the blue sticky back rubber stuff i am covering the inside of the doors with. now is the time i am adding the stereo wires etc for a future amp in the trunk. soon to come is the carpet, hoping tonight if i can get the stupid wires in. got a new console from somebody. cant remember their name either. then it's on to the front end rebuild! aaaackkk!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

04-20-2005 01:38 PM part two the inside of the 'maro
wire brushed the floor, used Rust mort on the rust. then filled the pinholes with all-metal. for just a couple of pinholes i slathered that crap on pretty liberally. then covered the floor with this new stuff impervious to moisture by rustolium called Hammered. covered the bottom of the floor with undercoat to keep moisture off bottom of floor. pretty much never gonna see a water molecule again.

blue rubber stuff with stickiest glue on earth for sound deadening and moisture proofing as well

peel and seal stuff for heat, sound deadning

foil backed bubble wrap for heat proofing on next

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

12-27-2004 05:57 PM FREE AT LAST I HAVE PASSED A GIANT STONE
FINALLY! JESUS CHRIST HAD TO HAVE A BIRTHDAY! What are you waiting for CHRISTMAS? WELL YEAH, I AM! WEEEE HOOOO. Free and last, free at last GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY IT IS FREE AT LAST!

Picked it up today. still owe $300. side of the road. sun was going down. had to stop to take this pic. After five months in the shop it wouldnt start. Had to find a nice neighbor to come over and jump it. She asked who painted it and when i told her she actually knew who it was. Shot of the front and then one of me in front of the Tempest's former digs. The Temp now has to reside under a carport. man i feel bad about that. Except for replacing the carpet and getting the rear seats back from the upholsteror okay, getting new wheels or at least painting them, THIS JOURNEY IS OVER!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

12-06-2004 11:22 AM better pic after it was buffed out
here are some more pics after it was wet sanded and buffed out. yes i am paying for that by the hour x 2. it looks so good i will pay without complaining but it still woulda been nice to know first. he is still going to put the front valence on, and the grill and bumpers for me. he just called to try and find another rear bumper bracket. i hope i have it. he is trying to talk me into buying wheels and tires but i dont have any money for that. i am "borrowing" money to pay him from my alzhiemers moms acct. i will pay it back when i get my refund or sell my house next year. jeeze, i hate to do that but.... i told rich i will put the interior back together myself. under the hood and door jams are orange too. he pulled the doors off to paint the jams. under the trunk as well. it's hot. white interior is all redone or repainted eggshell white.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

12-03-2004 09:24 PM maro gettin it's stripes
here's me in my brand new eye patch! hope i can toss it in a couple u' weeks. been talkin bout the car so i'll tell you about my eye and november in case you've been ignoring me. in july had lens replacement left eye. on halloween my dad killed himself, putting himself out of his misery God Bless him, then i sent my glasses off to be fixed one hour right before i found out and couldnt get them back for a week. i took the week off to go to Reno to bury him, then right when i got back to work my vision started leaving my left eye, almost had surgery that week but had to wait a week. two weds ago got my retina re-attached, spent the last 2 weeks face down everywhere i went incl. sleeping, just got word i could take the patch off but i cant as long as i am waiting for the fluid to fill up my eyeball again. that is when i will be able to see again. should be in about two more weeks. i can tell where the fluid is inside my eye, it is half way full right now. reeeaaally creepy!!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7