Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: bullheimer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View bullheimer's profile Entries: 35
Views: 16534
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

08-30-2004 02:11 PM done with the bathroom finally!
after a couple, three weeks of tape repairs, painting yellow then orange, with green trim, tile work, also on the window sills, got done with the bath. camaro is on it's 8th week in the body shop. checked it out saturday. there is a cover on it. it hasnt been touched.

also sat night i said enough is enough and got busy taking the tranny to my 41 Scout apart. 2 hours later i finally got it apart. went almost according to book except for a stuck washer on the main shaft that kept me from getting it out like it was spozed to. hope i gotta couple pics of that in here

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

07-13-2004 01:00 PM camaro goes to body shop
fianlly, i was hoping for this day for along time. i was wishing it would be turn key when i picked it up after some $4K for paint, and an additional $400 for the hood and $400 for a console but looks like i will have to have some glass put in it afterwards at my expense. as well as reinstalling some of the door weatherstripping, but, hey, whatcha gonna do? guy in center pic is the painter, Rich Van Pelt who owns Hotwheels auto bod

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

07-03-2004 03:40 PM FINISHED! YELLOW CAMARO 355
THREE DIFFERENT ANGLES OF MY MOTOR THAT SEEMED FOR EVER TO FINISH. NOT DRIVABLE YET THO glass/lights out for paint shop). PLEASE MAKE ME HAPPY BY LOOKING AT AND COMPARING TO THE BEFORE PICTURES AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS JOURNAL OF INCOMPETENCE. HEADS: new springs ; new rockers : new pushrods; new screw in studs, check all new valves; notice the time i started: 4/18/04. it is now 7/3/4. jesus have mercy. this was supposed to take two weeks in my mind when i first started!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

05-21-2004 08:18 PM GIMMIE HEAD, uh, heads
before port matching the intake (performer) and after port matching (mainly beveling the edges) the heads, and last, a pic of a $400 valve job. 16 Z-28 springs, valves, roto-seals whatever the hell that is, 16 new guides and 8 stainless steel seats, all in the name of keeping the motor all original. BITE ME, so new vortecs are only $520! looks like they've been shaved too, like my babies, uh, well, they are 487 castings: 75cc's stock. about the only thing i didnt do is cc the f'ers.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

05-09-2004 12:18 PM sbc back together again
pics of the parts, lube i'm using, etc. bottom end. doing pistons soon as i check ring gap and install rings on the hyper-yutes. outside in the driveway. hope she no rain! hope i have enough cam lube. notice i smoothed down the sides of all my rods. they all weigh w/in 1 gram.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7