Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: CrashFarmer2's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View CrashFarmer2's profile Entries: 10
Views: 4665
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): 1 [2]

03-22-2005 03:49 PM Rethinking the 59 IH
Lately I have been rethinking what to do with the 59 International. I read about the 50 Suburban frame swap using a S10 frame http://www.commerce.usask.ca/staff/hipkin/burb/frameswap.html and I started thinking about that 4X4 S10 I have sitting by the grain bins. There is a difference in the wheel bases of about 4 inches. The S10 is about 118 inches and the IH is about 114 inches. I could just use a flatbed or 4 inches could be added to the cab to compensate for the difference. Of course I do have a couple of 2-door S10 Blazers that I have no immediate plans for with a wheel base of about 100 inches. If I used one of those I could have a shorter flatbed or shorten the box about 4 inches. See, I am still in the planning stages, what should I do?

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

08-22-2004 03:09 PM Slow progress
Progress moves very slowly at my place.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

08-22-2004 03:00 PM 1971 Ford Camper Special
Another of my little projects, a 1971 Ford Camper Special that I purchased from an insurance company. It needs a lot but it is from California so it has many rust-free parts.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

08-10-2004 03:19 PM Computer Top Chop
Just looking to see if a chopped top would be worth the effort.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

08-09-2004 10:21 AM 1959 International Harvester
59 International Harvester shortbox half ton pickup. This is still in the planning stage. It has an IH 240 cubic inch inline six cylinder engine and a four speed transmission. I am toying with the idea of using a Chrysler Fifth Avenue subframe that will give it front disc brakes, power steering and an independent front suspension. I am debating on what engine and transmission will be the best. I have narrowed the rear end choice to a nine inch Ford probably with drum brakes or an 8.8 Ford with disc brakes.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]

Pages (2): 1 [2]