Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Bad Rat's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Bad Rat's profile Entries: 35
Views: 49521
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

04-16-2004 08:39 PM BAD RAT

this was taken while we were waiting for the body to come back from the paint shop,

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

04-16-2004 08:36 PM Bad Rat
had to make new grill shell, with a wider side and bottom nose Please don't feed the slaves, or interupt their thought system, they are hard to re program,, This is my son and best fabricator, besides me of course!!! hehehe

JULY !3-04 edit This grill and grill shell will not be used,, it was decided to go with a Dan Fink, and a cast alum fink shell,

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

04-16-2004 12:52 PM BAD RAT
RATS Glass bodys are really lacking in structral support, so I added 1/2" laser cut coldroll 4" wide to the full primenter of the body above the frame rails as a structure to mount the body to the frame ,and cross bars to stiffen up the body and utilize this as a seat mounting , plus it gives the car a very rigid side impact structure, the wiring is routed through the wire channels on each side of the car,and the steel structure serves as a grounding for the electrical,,, the floor will be about 1 1/2 " thick and STIFF,,, origionally we were going to put in a full roll cage but since the car will not be raced, and the room limations, we decided against it

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

04-16-2004 12:32 PM BAD RAT
semi finished dash and console, these will be covered with leather matching the rest of the interior, I'm not sure of the color choice yet,

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

04-16-2004 12:12 PM BADRAT
all the dash wiring is plug in , for easy removal or the dash if needed, for access to the elec, and air con unit,, I personally don't like to stand on my head to see under the dash
the console was fabed out of 18 ga. coldroll steel, made with the aid of a oxygen bottle and a leather covered hunk of oak,

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (7): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7