Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 36scsc's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 36scsc's profile Entries: 23
Views: 8937
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5

06-24-2004 11:50 PM Day 1
Picked it up in August '99. Been sitt'n in a garage in Mill Valley CA for over two decades. Neglected and forlorn, but never modified except for a 231, oversize tranny and '53 Pontiac tail lights. Bought it from the second owner's son.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

06-24-2004 11:59 PM Rumble seat
My car is a '36 Chevy Standard Coupe. The '36 Standard Coupe did not come with a rumble seat, only the 'Sports Coupe' did. However, upon close inspection I found they used the exact same lid, just rotated one way for a 'trunk' and the other for a 'rumble seat'. Purchased RS hinges, remade the drip rails, altered the latch to a bear claw, cobbled in the back seat of an Astro Van and WaaLaa, a rumble seat.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

06-25-2004 12:06 AM Tail Pan replacement
The body was in pretty good shape but the years and the bad roads back then had taken their toll on the back of the rear fenders and tail pan. Installed an EMS tail pan.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #21]

06-25-2004 12:15 AM Something a little different...
Wanted to use an engine that was a little different than what is usually seen. While I had never worked on or understood computerized engines I picked up a '95 Bonneville supercharged 3800 V6 that started life out 'sideways' and mated it to a Camero 4L60E, using a TCI TCM to control it. Picked up the Bonneville shop manual and a coupla good books on theory, spend a part of a winter "book learn'n", and here is the (initial) results... I had just fired it up for the first time, July 2, 2002. Felt like I had just invented computerized engines! It's going to be very interesting to see how this works out. This engine is rated at 240hp with lotsa low end torque. Its no firebreather but I am hoping for good response and good mileage. The only thing that really gives away the fact that it was originally a tranverse mounted engine is the top radiator hose, OK, so it looks a little goofy...

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #20]

06-26-2004 09:42 PM Side Exhaust
Got to busy underneath the back of the car so I ran my exhaust out the side.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #19]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5