Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 36scsc's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 36scsc's profile Entries: 23
Views: 8934
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (5): 1 2 [3] 4 5

10-17-2004 11:03 PM Almost ready for paint
Bondo, sand, Bondo, sand, prime, sand, ad nausium.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #13]

09-19-2004 12:23 PM Jet-Hot Headers
After a certain amount of agonizing about coating my headers I finally bit the bullet, packed 'em up and shipped 'em off to Jet-Hot for their "2000" coating (good to 2450%F) which they recommend for all forced induction engines. Cost was a little over 200 bucks. The "2000" coating only comes in black and grey. I chose grey (matches several engine parts (sorta)).

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

09-07-2004 11:48 PM Doors
'36 was the last year they used wood. The door structure was all wood. I removed every bit of it. Added bear claw latches, remote locks and power windows. The inner door now has 3 panels. The lower one was welded in permanently, the top and middle ones are removable. They are all 'stress panels' using 8/32 T-nuts welded in as cheap nut plates.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

07-08-2004 03:21 PM July 8, '04... The chassis is done!
Just bolted everything up for the last time

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

06-28-2004 03:28 PM Tail Lights
The cast zinc tail light stands are a little hard to come by and are expensive. I found a broken one one ebay for about $10 and fixed it with 'Muggy Weld'. It was not only broken, but it did not orient properly when placed on the fender (pointed out and down). So using Muggy weld (which adheres to zinc and steel) I repaired it and modified it so it orients properly.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

Pages (5): 1 2 [3] 4 5