Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 36scsc's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 36scsc's profile Entries: 23
Views: 8935
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (5): 1 2 3 [4] 5

06-28-2004 12:24 AM Example of my Shop Manual
Building my shop manual using a pretty slick piece of Software named 'SmartDraw'. Ultimately, I plan on dedicating a note book 'puter to the car. It will contain this Shop Manual, I can program the TCI TCM 4L60E shift schedule with it, maintain maintenance records,etc. The first pic is of the Cruise Control circuit from the connector at the unit to the connector on the firewall, the 2nd one is the circuit for the dome/courtesy lights. I built a fader and combined it with G.M.s RAC (Retained Accessory Power) system. Dome/Courtesy lights do all the things a new car does.
(In order to view this you need to click on it to enlarge, then 'maximize', then wait for the orange box with the 4 blue arrows and click on it)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

06-27-2004 11:58 PM Squint your eye's up a little and...
This shot gives an indication of what it is going to look like except the back is way up too far. Actual rear height will have the white walls defining a concentric circle just inside the fender well. A combination of G.M.'s 'Electronic Ride Control', Firestone air sleeves helping 2 S-10 leaf springs, and Air Ride Tech's pump/lines/fittings will insure the (almost) exact rear height will remain constant regardless of the payload.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

06-27-2004 01:28 PM Dash work
I wanted to alter the original dash as little as possible so having installed a computerized engine and other systems requiring gauges/switches, plus the need for 4 A/C outlets, I had to mfgr/install a 'lower dash' to accomodate them. The original radio head drives a Custom Autosound 4 speaker AM/FM unit and a Pioneer 6 CD changer. The entire dash is covered with a high quality vinyl. The 'upper' gauges are Classic Instruments while the 'lower' gauges are Autometer. The original dash is 'original' except for the Classic Instruments, the 3 small holes above them for turn signals and high beam,the ignition switch (56 Chevy) and a 1/2 inch hole near the wiper switch for the G.M. Twilite Sentinal photocell (automatic headlights off/on).

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

06-26-2004 09:42 PM Side Exhaust
Got to busy underneath the back of the car so I ran my exhaust out the side.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

06-25-2004 12:15 AM Something a little different...
Wanted to use an engine that was a little different than what is usually seen. While I had never worked on or understood computerized engines I picked up a '95 Bonneville supercharged 3800 V6 that started life out 'sideways' and mated it to a Camero 4L60E, using a TCI TCM to control it. Picked up the Bonneville shop manual and a coupla good books on theory, spend a part of a winter "book learn'n", and here is the (initial) results... I had just fired it up for the first time, July 2, 2002. Felt like I had just invented computerized engines! It's going to be very interesting to see how this works out. This engine is rated at 240hp with lotsa low end torque. Its no firebreather but I am hoping for good response and good mileage. The only thing that really gives away the fact that it was originally a tranverse mounted engine is the top radiator hose, OK, so it looks a little goofy...

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (5): 1 2 3 [4] 5