The last time I drove this old girl was in 1979. It needed some work then, but I'm ashamed to say it needs much more now. The good part is that now I have the time to do the job.
One of the big problems I ran into in my last (aborted) attempt to fix this car up was not having a good shelter just for it while the work was going on. I've seen that pointed out on the Bulletin Board and other Journal entries, too. Look in the background of the first front view and you'll see some home-built scaffolding. To the right of that, I'm adding an extension to a garage, just for the Olds.
Rear view shows the bumper and tail-lights removed and the results of some bad sanding work the last time.
The fender skirts and gobs of chrome have been removed and stored. The weather-stripping just kinda melted and dripped off it, so the door panels are stained from leaks. Front seat removed and stored, Floor mats, etc, out. Masking junk left over from previous attempt.
Rear seat is unbolted - the gray flannel-looking upholstery looks original; I'm not sure about that red stuff. I'm still debating over how much should be custom and how much should be restoration. Just in case, I'm saving everything I pull off and taking pictures of just about everything.
Headliner bows are stored. Maybe the shot of the headliner and dome light with stir some nostalgia in other old farts like me.