Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: OneMoreTime's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View OneMoreTime's profile Entries: 30
Views: 29671
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

07-16-2004 07:04 PM Now it is started
I now have the donor car home for the track roadster project,,Spent the day stripping the old chassis and getting ready to remove the engine,,trans and drive train,,

Using a complete donor car is saving me a lot as I will use all the parts I can from the donor..

I received a 86 Chev Caprice..Had an under hood fire that burnt out the wiring so I got it at a very good price..basically haul it off from the guys yard..

Now it will take a lot of planning to get this done and quite a bit of shopping to find all the right parts that I need.. I expect that about this time next year I should be able to drive the car..

Some pictures are coming as soon as I get them back from the developer..

Stay tuned..

[Entry #30]

07-20-2004 09:32 PM Chassis Pics
This is the donor chassis for my project..86 Caprice..Here are the pics from when we stripped the body from the chassis..This chassis is 571/4" wide at the main rails so I will have to Narrow it to make it usable..I did measure some full body cars and it looks like it may fit quite a few of them..

However I am going to use the front and rear clip and save as much as I can from the original car for my project.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

07-20-2004 09:35 PM Rear end view
Chevy 4 link rear end on this car..Of course I could throw it all away and do it some other way but why..this will work..Wish I had one for these 40 years ago..I will clip this piece out of the chassis and use it in the new car..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

07-20-2004 09:44 PM Chassis Front
Lots of extra iron in the front of this car..What I will do with the front clip is cut away a lot of the extra iron leaving the portion of the clip and crossmember which contains the mounting points for the suspension and steering..This will then be boxed in to the new chassis..Before I cut the chassis apart it goes on my frame jig in order that I can measure all the angles for alignment..write all that down and then when I install it I should have it close to right..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

07-20-2004 10:52 PM A sketch of what to head for.
Now I have made a sketch of the finished car..something to look fwd to..I know there will be some changes as I go but this is the general Idea..

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6