The Mrs. has always said she wanted a Mustang, so I found this one for what I thought was a reasonable $650. 1970 Mustang coupe, 302 2V automatic. Not one of the most popular, but she likes it and it is a good project car so I figure I'd give it a go. After a little tinkering, got it runnning and it sounds great, no smoke, no knocks. Even goes forward and backward. Someone had done some body work already, but floors are shot so I figure it would be good experiance to fix them anyway.
Got the front clip off and pulled the interior out. Easier acess that way and the repairs will probably go up under that dash so just get it out of the way now. Someone had tried patching it before and that will all have to be redone.
Pulled the motor and tranny. Even though I have gotten the motor to run and it sounded pretty good, I noticed there is play in the crankshaft when I turn it back and forth, like the bearings are real loose. Probably going to open it up and at least inspect it. Still have the 302 from the hotrod that I took out last year and I could put that one in.
I'm not too surprised, there's quite a bit a of rot. Got the seat risers out and all the original patchwork some previous owner(s) had done. I keep telling myself I've seen people fix much worse though. The only thing that bothers me is there is patch work all over the place. Maybe some of it's ok and I don't need to tear it apart. Guess the next step is to get the sawsall out and cut all the rot out to see what repair parts I need.