After picking up some pre bent tubing sections I made a mess in my garage this weekend, I mean I did a lot of cutting, sanding/ grinding/ trimming to rebuild the driver side header to fit my car. Man, these things are a lot of work. Of course, I'm sure there are some tricks to doing this that I wish I knew about. Now I just need to put the collector back on, do some clean up work and send these out for coating.
I replaced my oil pan as I unfortunately had a broken one and it was wicking oil out of an epoxied area. Stupid me, I should have replaced the pan before I had my engine built. Live and learn... So I got a new one and swapped that in. No more leaks, the way it should have been...
To do that I tied down the front brake line along the crossmember, assembled the flywheel/ clutch/ throwout bearing and bolted & torqued the trans to the engine, then learned that I should measure the throwout bearing so it came back apart. Seems I'm within spec (barely) and shouldn't need a shim for the throwout bearing. Since I was on a roll I set the engine in the car on Sat night. I did gouge a few areas and scrape some paint. Oh well, I plan to drive the car, not trailer it to shows. I also mocked up the fuel line and installed the fuel pressure regulator and cut the hole for the shifter. I have the original bracket from the old trans tunnel that I'll weld back in for support. I have a few more parts on order and hope to get a little more done over the holiday weekend.
A little more progress on the brake lines this weekend. I made the rear axle tubes, and the large one across the bottom of the car. I have it connected to the proportioning valve, but forgot to get a pic. Next week. I also made a bracket for the valve out of a scrap piece of square tube and got that mounted. I'm sure with this, and my brake lines there will be some interference with the inner fender. Oh well.
All I have left for the brake lines is the front tube, but I'll wait until after my engine is in to make that.