Today I mounted the vinyl on the door panels (leaving extra material at the top for tucking underneath the window trim) and cut the material for the rear side panels and package shelf. My material was about 1" too narrow to fit as one piece, so I had to make a second one. And since this is a diamond shape pattern, I had to make a diagonal parting line that will hopefully not be noticeable once assembled.
Today's update- worked on making the flip top fuel cap mount. It's a partial nod to the 2lbt '55, but I don't want to have to take the trunk lid off every time I refuel (and with a BBC it'll be often), so I thought I'd have some fun and move it up some. Ultimately it'll sit a bit higher so I can see the whole thing, and I can tune it with some spacers. I need to get some tubing for the fuel now and make a filler orifice on the tank. I'm thinking the area in the middle will be used for a fuel pump for the fuel injection I plan to use.
The quick sketch shows the idea for how it'll ultimately look with the trunk lid off. I'll have a catch bowl w/ drain tube for spilled fuel.
Quick update for today- pics of my interior panels in progress. I have all of them cut to shape- door panels, rear side panels, kick panels, and a package shelf. I'm still waiting for some fasteners and nutserts to arrive so I can attach them to the car and make them removable. once they are able to attach then I can cover them in material, and then store them somewhere inside the house while I still build the car, ha ha Last pic is of the cardboard template I made for the rear sides. Since my car is customized I can't just buy a kit, and what's the fun in that anyhow
I made the fuel tank straps, bracing for the floor pan, mounts for it all and a small cage for protection. It'll need paint at some point and I need to make the filler neck. Today I veered off course and started working on some door panels, but I didn't take any pics of those yet.