I'm happy with the progress on the filler neck. I made an aluminum ring for inside the tank to help seal the filler neck to the tank. I also added an anti slosh valve in my filler neck hose so it is directional now. I'll need to make some spacers to adjust the final height of the flip top cap, and will do that later once I final fit the trunk lid. I may still make a catch tray for spilled fuel. TBD on that.
More updates from this weekend. Just a few little things as I'm still waiting for my seats to arrive, so I worked on covering my remainder interior panels, worked on making my fuel filler neck, and repainted the back light reflector areas on my speedometer to red. The interior panels came out OK, and the package shelf two piece was not as good as I had hoped. At first it laid down OK, but must have shriveled up when drying as the gap got larger . It's still usable, though.
Today I mounted the vinyl on the door panels (leaving extra material at the top for tucking underneath the window trim) and cut the material for the rear side panels and package shelf. My material was about 1" too narrow to fit as one piece, so I had to make a second one. And since this is a diamond shape pattern, I had to make a diagonal parting line that will hopefully not be noticeable once assembled.
Today's update- worked on making the flip top fuel cap mount. It's a partial nod to the 2lbt '55, but I don't want to have to take the trunk lid off every time I refuel (and with a BBC it'll be often), so I thought I'd have some fun and move it up some. Ultimately it'll sit a bit higher so I can see the whole thing, and I can tune it with some spacers. I need to get some tubing for the fuel now and make a filler orifice on the tank. I'm thinking the area in the middle will be used for a fuel pump for the fuel injection I plan to use.
The quick sketch shows the idea for how it'll ultimately look with the trunk lid off. I'll have a catch bowl w/ drain tube for spilled fuel.