The first pic shows the revised inner half and attached to the car. you can see a big difference between the two, and the revised one now provides enough clearance for my frame modifications I made.
I'm now starting to build the outer half. I've made a template and cut the metal, but will have to wait until next weekend to fab that, and the fender itself. My plan is to relocate the fender attachments upwards so this will still connect to one another.
I also recessed an area in the bottom corner to make room for the hoop supports that will eventually find its way in the car.
I put in some time this weekend on my front fenders. Well, one of them, and only half of it. And I started it last weekend. I'm rebuilding them to accommodate the larger wheels I plan to use. I really had to get old school on these as I don't have an english wheel, a shrinker/ stretcher, or a gas welder. I don't even have a pellet bag. So I wrapped up an old bed sheet and got the hammers out. I started to build it in one piece, but that wasn't working so I cut it into sections and was able to rebuild the inner half. I may have to notch it to make more room for my master cylinder, but I'll deal with that when I have to.
These pics show the template I made (it pays to save the boxes from home groceries) and getting started.