OK, it's been a few weeks since I posted. Usual summer stuff. Weddings to go to, friends to get together with, next thing you know, it's August, and there are more weddings to go to. I have slowly but surely been working on the floor pans. Below are pics of some gussets made for the subframe connectors to have them attach to the car body better, as well as some plates for the underside of the subframe itself (something cleaner than the hacked up mess it had become). I've installed the replacement pans and worked on the seat braces, too. Almost done with that, but I need to do a little more hammering and welding for the passenger side. I located them slightly rearward to provide more foot room for me. This helps to offset the anticipated firewall relocation I plan on having to make, plus I will not be installing a back seat. All is good. It's nice to see the car heading toward a direction of assembly for once.
Today I worked on chopping my old floor pans out getting the car ready to accept the replacement floor pans. MY subframe connectors are tacked in on the rear rails, but there isn't enough metal left in them to accept a continuos weld. They will need reinforcing, but I'll deal with that when my rear axle/ suspension shows up.
I removed the seat braces and was able to clean up the sides of the rocker panels. looks like my passenger panel may need more patches. I have also rough trimmed the floor pans to fit. They are close enough that I can start welding them in and final trim as needed.
I'll have the tops of the subframe connectors welded before install, as well as painting the bare metal with rust encapsulator.