- painted the engine accessory brackets
- made the steel plates for the top of my front leaf springs. I didn't install these as I'm still waiting (on backorder) for the 2 degree shims for my front axle to set the proper caster angle. Current ETA is mid September. I figure I'll do that all at one time.
- installed the rag joint and modified my steering shaft to accommodate. But I didn't like it. The rag joint will need support and bracing, and it created fitment issues, too. I could fix them, but decided to abort. So while looking for a replacement DD shaft, I saw that Speedway sells a collapsible shaft which I like and will fit perfectly in my car, so I'm going with that.
- Located where my radiator will fit. I got lucky with this one. It just fits. Height, width, everything. At the moment I have some brackets welded in for the bottom, and will need some top supports that I'll get to in the near future.
- Fabricated and installed my hoop supports. I'll use these to help support the radiator, and make cables or something for holding the cowl.
I was going to install the rotors on my front end, and decided to enlarge the wheel studs as I didn't like the puny 7/16-20 that came with them. I had some leftover 1/2-20 from my Firebird and thought that I could use those instead. It took me two weekends to do it, as I didn't have, nor could I locate locally, the right size drill bit for those studs. When it arrived I drilled out the holes and pressed in the studs only to ruin the rotors. I must have pressed the stud in crooked. It was a first for me, but I did this on both rotors, so I'm also wondering about the quality of the rotors themselves. I also worked on locating my steering box and roughed out the linkage for it. I do need add some spacers to get the bar truly level, and I recycled an unused engine mount adapter plate and the original old 1957 chevy truck steering rod by turning some of it into spacers for mounting my box. Right now it's only tacked into place, and I want to get everything hooked up and test it before welding this in place. I'll be adding some frame reinforcing as well. Also, if I raise my steering box much higher then I won't have room for the radiator I have. It's amazing for such a big car that has no inner sheet metal and an engine that's moved back how quickly I'm running out of room inside.