Ok, it's been a few weeks since getting it back and now I'm back from my annual work trips. I'm starting to get the car together. I've cleaned the windows, installed some chrome (still waiting for clips and brackets to complete) I've installed the whiskers on the doors, as well as some rubber weatherstripping and insulating the interior.
I'll be continuing with the windows in the doors, then onto the fuel system to prepare the in tank pump and plumb the lines. From then i'l likely install the engine, then work on the wiring. During this time I'll need to get the interior color scheme designed so I can complete the steering wheel and dashboard. I'll have to get the gauges and make my IP.
It's finally painted!! It only took 7 months and more money than I care to remember, but I'm happy with the result. They're still finishing up smaller pieces like the gas cap door and panels around the bumpers, etc.. It's now time to start assembling the thing, then go for a drive. I'll be attending the SEMA show next week so I won't really get into this until afterwards. Right now I'm working on cleaning the windows. I had originally taped them up well thinking the car would be sand blasted, instead they used a stripper. The car sat out all summer in the San Fernando valley so the tape is pretty well baked on. I'm going through lots of blades and tape removber to clean it off. fun stuff...
It's almost done. a base layer of orange has been added. The undercoat of white is on and it's almost there. (The side stripe is masked off) I thought I'd share these pics while I can. I am to pick up the car this upcoming Saturday, but I won't have a chance to upload any pics before I leave for my annual NYC trip for work. (I have to go set up the New york Toy Fair showroom for the line of toys I work on) It'll be a few weeks before I can share the final paint job. Stay tuned!
It's now the last week of September, and the car is still at the paint shop, although, it is finally getting close to being completed. The insides have been sprayed, as well as under the hood and trunk etc. These pieces were off the car and have been reinstalled. During this week the car should be painted the base coat of white (for the 2 tone and to help the orange "pop"). I hope to see the car with some paint next week! Wish me luck.
It's getting to the end of July, decreasing sunlight hours and my baby's still at the paint shop. Things could always be worse, but I'd like it painted and back so I can get to work on it. Attached are some pics of their progress. they have stripped everything and have some etching primer on there. they are assembling the body and are now performing the final tweaks and adjustments so they can make sure everything fits together (at least as well as an old Mopar can) There's still a little bit of patchwork to perform and then I hope they can spray the car! The trick for me is to settle on a color that is what I want but won't be impossible to duplicate down the road in the event of a scratch or repair.