Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: tuske427's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View tuske427's profile Entries: 440
Views: 122452
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries


Pages (88): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88

10-03-2005 08:57 AM part 10: 99% painted
It's almost done. a base layer of orange has been added. The undercoat of white is on and it's almost there. (The side stripe is masked off) I thought I'd share these pics while I can. I am to pick up the car this upcoming Saturday, but I won't have a chance to upload any pics before I leave for my annual NYC trip for work. (I have to go set up the New york Toy Fair showroom for the line of toys I work on) It'll be a few weeks before I can share the final paint job. Stay tuned!



(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

09-26-2005 09:24 AM Part 9: almost painted
It's now the last week of September, and the car is still at the paint shop, although, it is finally getting close to being completed. The insides have been sprayed, as well as under the hood and trunk etc. These pieces were off the car and have been reinstalled. During this week the car should be painted the base coat of white (for the 2 tone and to help the orange "pop"). I hope to see the car with some paint next week! Wish me luck.




(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

07-21-2005 09:32 AM Part 8: still at the paint shop
It's getting to the end of July, decreasing sunlight hours and my baby's still at the paint shop. Things could always be worse, but I'd like it painted and back so I can get to work on it. Attached are some pics of their progress. they have stripped everything and have some etching primer on there. they are assembling the body and are now performing the final tweaks and adjustments so they can make sure everything fits together (at least as well as an old Mopar can) There's still a little bit of patchwork to perform and then I hope they can spray the car! The trick for me is to settle on a color that is what I want but won't be impossible to duplicate down the road in the event of a scratch or repair.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

04-11-2005 09:14 AM Part 7: at the paint shop part 1
Things are moving along slowly, as in anyone's project who doens't have the financial support of wall street behind it. A few weeks ago we dropped the car off at the paint shop (Grangers, Reseda, CA) that will handle this project. Although there were afew cars ahead, it's finally starting to have some attention. Attached are a couple of pics as they made the first pass at stripping the car. Fortunately, there were not too many bad "suprises" underneath the paint. I did learn that both my fenders have been patched at the top above the headlight areas. During this time I am trying to order up as many parts as I can for when it's time to reassemble it. Of course, there will be many things I didn't get and will have to then buy at that time. The last image is a photoshop image I made of what I'd like the car to approximately look like.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-28-2004 05:38 PM Plymouth Belvedere part 6
Well these past few months have been slow. Busy with work travelling, family visits, holidays ,etc. . Happens to all of us. Now I can get back to the Belvedere again. This past wekeend I finally received my leaf spring parts form Eaton Detroit springs. It took way longer than expected to get my parts (3 months!) but all's well that ends well. I dissassembled the springs and stripped the rust off. I then painted them and applied a coat of rubberized undercoating. They are currently drying before I re-assemble them. I have also ordered the shocks and received the electric fuel pump to supply the LS1 with "go juice." My next move is to install this while the rear end assembly is out.


(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

Pages (88): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.