Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: WakBordr7387's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View WakBordr7387's profile Entries: 37
Views: 9606
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

12-01-2005 12:25 PM some more progress
I had to take the box apart again, and redo it so it would fit like I wanted it to. While I was at it, I also put in some terminal cups, to make running the wires easier and look alot nicer than just drilling a hole.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

11-28-2005 09:25 AM AARRGGH!!!!
Well I got it all togather and covered it in felt for the base, I didn't put resin on it yet. I made sure the felt was stretched tight, and test fitted it in the car.
I made it to tall, If I left it like it is I will not be able to put the top down on the corvette. Which is why Im making my own box so I dont have to take it out when I want to take the top off.
So I have to pull the felt off and readjust the ring some to make it fit right. Oh well Im just glad I caught it before I put resin on.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

11-28-2005 09:22 AM glues dry, time to assemble
Heres where I put the ring with the base, I just used some scrap wood to hold it up with some glue.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

11-27-2005 03:44 PM fiberglass box 3
Just showing the cement on top while drying and test fitting the base of the box.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

11-27-2005 03:41 PM fiberglass box 2
just some more picutres, I glued the 2 rings togather with some construction adhesive laying around. I let them dry overnight with the bag of concrete on top of them to hold them togather.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

Pages (8): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8