Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: WakBordr7387's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View WakBordr7387's profile Entries: 37
Views: 9708
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

10-04-2005 08:27 AM Repairing and replacing stereo wires
The first picture is after I got the Deck out of the car, Ill either sell this thing on ebay or put it in my fishing boat. The second picture is of after I consulted several wiring diagrams to figure out what each wire did and I labeled them all. The guy who installed the radio was really stupid, the power antenna wire was hooked up to the ground wire.
The third is when I was running new wires to the dash speakers. I found the old wires, but for some stupid reason, the guy ran the dash speakers to the amps under the passenger seat to get more bass out of them, but then put bass blockers on them, to keep from blowin them out. Which equalled really crappy sound. So I ran new wires for a better sound, and I didn't want to chase down anymore wires than I had to, and theyre not hurting anything there anyways.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #17]

10-04-2005 08:22 AM Drug addicts and Car stereos
When I bought the corvette, it had sat for about 10 years because the previous owner was in jail for drugs. Well the guy put in a good stereo system back in 1994, to bad he didnt know how to USE IT!! The first picture is of what the stereo looked like when I got it. Its an old alpine and a sony equalizer. I took them out and found out the guy had cut the wiring harness to the car!! I also found out why some of the speakers were not working. If you look close on the sticker Im holding in the picture, it says "left front speaker negative" and it had no other wires to hook to!!
The guy wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, to say the least.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #16]

09-29-2005 01:36 PM Polishing
I finally got around to playing with my polishing kit that I bought that Ron (RCastle) recomeended to me. I started with the little aluminum plate on the front of the throttle body on my Corvette. It took me about an hour and turned out really good. Im gonna start working on the part that covers the distributer for a little more practice. I want to do the entire TPI unit eventually, but Im gonna wait until I have my truck running again, since the Vette is my daily driver.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #15]

09-28-2005 02:26 PM Just playing around
I haven't done a whole lot lately, just buffed and polished the vette and it looks a whole lot better. Im gonna be putting in a new cd player soon, should be interesting since the last owner put one in and did a hack job. There were several wires left hangin behind the stereo not connected to anything labeled "left front speaker" or "right front speaker", which explains why those speakers aren't working!! Aarrg!! So Ill have to chase down those wires to get it all figured out. But I did do something cool with an old flywheel. I made it into a clock useing parts from a cheap clock from the dollar store. I might make another one and sell them on ebay. I think its pretty cool!

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #14]

09-13-2005 11:13 AM Finally a new entry!!
I don't have any pictures right now, but I finished the headliner and installed it, also put in a Viper alarm system with keyless entry. I also had a Th-350 rebuilt and put in. The shop that rebuilt the tranny drilled out some holes on the seperator plate that came with the shift kit to help with the 2-3 shift since the kit didnt do to much for it like it does for the 1-2 shift.
The motor is dead also, It overheated BAD and after wards it had a bad oil leak and metal shavings in oil. I couldn't figure out why it overheated, but the distributer some how blew oil everywhere, Im still confused as to how, but I also believe it to be cam failure as the lifters were covered in metal shavings.
But right now, I have a second project, a 1985 corvette as a daily driver. Im not gonna fix it up as much as the truck. It just needs new interior and few little things to be fixed. Nothing major. I plan to put new exhaust and rims on it just because I can.

[Entry #13]

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8