Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: WakBordr7387's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View WakBordr7387's profile Entries: 37
Views: 9632
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

05-19-2005 05:36 PM The Shadow
Heres the headliner before I started. I covered it a year or so ago when I planned on the whole truck being blue and I hate to admit it, but I had original plans for the truck to be a rice burner type of truck with neons and loud stereo systems and huge spinning rims and all that kinda crap and was calling the truck The Shagarado. Well since joining HR.com I was converted and have since changed alot about the truck. It apparently is gonna be black and I have named it The Shadow.
Anyway back to the headliner, I tore off the blue stuff and cut out flames in 1/4 foam and double up the stuff in the middle so the console would fit right on it. I haven't covered it yet but here is how it stands as of right now.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #12]

05-19-2005 05:31 PM screw the fiberglass
Since their isn't much to do with my transmission until I get a pressure gauge to check the pressure in it, Ive been working with the interior stuff some more. I decided to toss the fiberglass insert as it didn't turn out how I wanted it. So instead I took the green insert that came with the console and put bondo over it and sanded it down to get it to a smooth glass like appereace and put it back in the console. I also wired in a couple of my own toggle switches that will be for the electric exhaust cutouts and linelock as I have plans for those to.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #11]

05-05-2005 06:56 PM My first time with fiberglass
for the fiberglassing I made a mold out of styrofoam to make it look the way I want it to. After shaping the foam to the right shape I covered it in Saran wrap and sprayed some pam cooking spray, to use as a mold release when Im finished.
The first couple layers Im using fiberglass mat to help get it the shape I want at first, after that I will be using some felt to help take up the shape since its harder to shape.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #10]

05-05-2005 06:51 PM new tach and getting the console ready
I bought a Tach on Ebay for about 25 bucks, its kinda ricey looking, but I think it will look good when Im all finished with it. This is the back of the console that I have to dismantle and make a fiberglass insert for the tach to fit into. As you can see its a wiring nightmare, if I wanted that extra computer crap! So I just ripped it all out, figured out which wires go to the lights so I can have cool dome light.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #9]

04-29-2005 02:38 PM New headliner on the way
I am now gonna replace the headliner in my truck. I bought this overhead console on ebay for a lincoln navigator. Im gonna take out the airconditioning controls and make a little fiberglass gauge pod to house a new tach. I will also put flames on the headliner and cover it will Illusion Faux Vynal. Its supposed to be like leather but I will soon find out.
There has also been another hotrodder born! My little sister has decided to start working on her 85' vette as the interior in it is shot. So I will be posting some of the progress on that. Bear with me on this as she is wanting pink, but Im glad to help her with it, besides what are big brothers for?

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8