Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Rob (chuck) Berry's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Rob (chuck) Berry's profile Entries: 41
Views: 14612
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (9): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

11-26-2006 06:08 AM Robs 34 - out of the shed
Well I actually drove the car out of the shed today, The tailshaft I had made at the O G Speed Shop in Adelaide fitted perfectly and my diff flange adapter worked as it should, I got my potential son in law to help bleed the brakes and took it for a cautious drive around the yard.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

11-26-2006 05:50 AM Robs 34 - In paint !
Been really busy trying to get the car ready for the Hot Rods and Classics Party at uraidla whuch is just down the road from here . Brian did a great job on my seat, you wouldn't think it was out of a Nissan van! It is Buscuit colored with cream tuck and roll inserts, looks smick. Put the color coats on the body and cut and polished it, pros would pick holes in my pant job but I like it and thats what counts.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

10-23-2006 06:59 AM Big bucket, small bucket, no bucket!
Well after sitting in the car for about half an hour on the skinny buckets I realised that I woud be better off either losing 50 Kilos or changing the seat yet again, since the home made bomber seat didnt cut it i looked around for a suitable bench. Did not have to look too far as I have a mates project here and a load of parts, I asked him if it was OK to use his bench he said OK, so I trial fitted it, it sat level with the top of the body and also folds forward for storage, got to see Brian from "COOL TRIMMING" here in Adelaide who will recover the seat for me. Will post a pic when it is done. Also have been doing some finishing work to the chassis, like running plumbing (durn EFI needs three tubes from the tank one feed one return and one evap ) and some body hardware brackets. I also got a diff flange adapter made up by my new local machinist so that the tailshaft retains front and rear Commodore yokes and unis, and I have a guy coming next Saturday to do my exhaust. Just a single system for now as I have dwindling resources, I bought a pair of dietz lights and halogen inserts so I am nearing the end, I cant wait to finish it now in the next body pictures it will be in color.

[Entry #34]

09-25-2006 04:52 AM Robs 34 - the final countdown
I made a new gas tank cover yesterday and I adjusted the guards and the running board brackets so that the guards fitted as I wanted them to. I also have fitted the front brakes and the master cylinder, and the radiator brackets. Last week i decided not to use the seats I had as they were too good to pull apart and narrow, so I made a pair of bomber type seats using a couple of aincient aircraft seats that came with the 35 panel I bought for my next project.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

08-23-2006 05:59 AM Robs 34
Heres the V6 in its new homeand the idler fitted from a later model V6 when I removed the AC and power steering pumps.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

Pages (9): 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9