Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 35WINDOW's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 35WINDOW's profile Entries: 46
Views: 16404
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (10): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

06-03-2013 09:13 AM Lizard Skin
Don't know why that last picture came up, but here are a few more of the Lizard Skin shots (I wish we could edit Pictures in the Journals!)-

I did not like the fact that Cars of this vintage do not have an inner sturcture to support the outer panels (which also compromises rigidity), so I bought a Tubing Bender and bent up these supports to tie everything together and make the Car stiffer-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #36]

06-03-2013 09:10 AM Lizard Skin!
I wanted as quiet of an Interior as I could get, so I decided on using Lizard Skin and Dynamat to keep things quiet and cool-it took a bit of masking and time, and I could tell that the Lizard Skin deadened the Panels (although not as much as the Lizard Skin/Dynamat combination)-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #35]

11-09-2012 10:50 AM Engine!
Here is the engine I've chosen for the Coupe-it was built by Mark Jones, who owns Vortecpro Performance in Colo. Springs, CO-J S Polishing (also of Colo. Springs) polished the Heads and repolished the new Moon Valve Covers) and did an absolute killer job on the polishing-

It's a 502 that is stroked to 540 c.i.-new 502 Block, Eagle 4340 Crank, Eagle 4340 Rods w/L19 Bolts, 4 bolt w/arp studded Mains, Isky Cam (248/252 @ .050, .680 Lift, 110 LSA), Morel Hyd. Lifters, AFR 315 CNC'd Heads, Crower Enduro stainless Rocker Arms, Manton pushrods B and B Oil Pan (w/mods), Melling Select Series Oil Pump, Milodon polished front Cover-

Induction is a new Hilborn Injector that is controlled with a Holley Dominator EFI, which also controls the Jake's Performance built 4L80E (that has a Billet 3000 rpm Torque Converter)-the Trans is rated for 1000 h.p.+

It is also using a Holley DIS system (Distributorless Ignition System), so the Computer controls the Spark, with 4 Holley DIS waste-fire Coils and a efi connection cam synch, it will run in sequential mode for the Injector Dynamics low impedence Injectors-

On Mark Jones' Dyno (with a Edelbrock Air Gap and 1000 HP Holley), it turned out 775.5 h.p. (@6200 rpm) and 740.9# Torque @ 4500 (which was the lowest hold-down point on the Dyno-with the Hilborn, they say it can add up to 10%, so suffice it to say that it makes somewhere north of 800 h.p.-

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #34]

01-11-2012 12:48 PM I'll try again!
Here is another shot (this time a little lighter), and I've used a So-Cal Speed Shop Dash Insert along with Classic Instruments "Hot Rod Series" gauges-

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #33]

01-11-2012 12:43 PM Trans Tunnel & Dash
I'm going to attempt to post new pictures of my slow Interior progress (we'll see!)-Here I grafted a '32 Roadster Dash to my upper 35 Dash (I think they are ugly), and I had to cut out my old Trans tunnel to fit the 4L80E I am using, so i decided to make it removeable, and I used 1/4" stainless buttonhead bolts to secure it-hard to see, but you can kinda see the Clayton Machine Works Throttle and Brake pedals-

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #32]

Pages (10): 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10