Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: 35WINDOW's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View 35WINDOW's profile Entries: 46
Views: 16410
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

04-28-2011 02:19 PM Trunk
Here is a v8 sign that I put in the Aluminum-I made the pattern, then took it to a place that had a Water Jet, and had them cut it out od 1/8" thick Steel. Then I bought some Steel that was 1" thick (2 pieces), and then got some 60 durometer hardness polyurethane sheeting. I took all of it to work, and put it in a 40 Ton Press-this is how it came out-

2nd picture is of the cover I made-I wanted a remote lever for the Trunk (no visible outside handles), and, with the panels being removeable I had a problem figuring out where to put the poppers, so this was my solution. The holes look offest, but they line up great-It works-

Picture #3 is of the Trunk Lid-I had to smooth the underside of the lid where the old Latch and such went, then make an area for the
trunk Poppers to ride on. then I made the Striker using a 3/8" button head bolt and piping-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

04-28-2011 02:05 PM Trunk
Here are a few pictures of the Trunk-I wanted something a little different, and the ability to access the inside of the Car if somehow I could get there through the Doors-the Trunk latch is remote, but I put a cable to the floor inside in case there was some sort of problem and I could not get inside the Car-you can see the lights I installed, and the holes I put in the back panel-

All of the Aluminum is .063 6061T6-

The Carpet was something I had laying around, and it will come out-I will have the Upholstery Shop put in either Carpet or Leather, and will upholster the inside of the Deck Lid also-you can see my Fuel Tank Filler here too-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

04-28-2011 02:00 PM Trunk
Here are a few pictures of my Trunk project-I made a Frame so that I could have a flat Trunk area, and then I wanted access to the Fuel Sender, along with the ability to use Fuel Injection down the road, so I had Rock Valley put that capability in the Tank. I had the Tank polished (it's Stainless)-

2nd picture is of the Cover I made to go over the Tank-I used Dzus fasteners for easy access. I then put insulation over the cover and used silver tape to seal it.

oops wrong picture on the last one-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

03-21-2011 12:41 PM Radiator
After much thought (and discussion here) I ended up buying a 4 core Walker Radiator with A/C Condenser, Auto Trans Cooler and Fan package-the Fan isn't mounted here, but you get the idea-

Also, '35 Fords were offered with louvered inner Fenders, and I wanted that, but thought that the factory ones were ugly (but effectlive)-I decided to have mine louvered, and cut them to fit the Heidt's front end-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #23]

03-21-2011 12:37 PM Grille
Here is a Grille that I bought from that guy in Idaho-the crank hole has had a part from another Grille grafted to it. It's nice, and I am using it for mock-up, but I have a new, chromed Alumicraft and surround up in the attic waiting-think I'll keep this one just in case-you never know, and these things are getting harder and harder to find-

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #22]

Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10