Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: cozwurth's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View cozwurth's profile Entries: 3
Views: 1264
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

03-20-2016 05:13 PM Vinyl top carnage...
I pulled the vinyl top off a few years ago to get a better look at the carnage below. I knew that it would be bad. Thankfully the upper portion of the window channel is good, but the bottom was toast, especially the driver side sail panel corner and the panel between the glass and trunk lid. I had to buy two of those panels before I got one that I thought was close enough to use. The body lines on the repro panels left a lot to be desired. I bought a full driver side quarter panel a few years ago, but I am really not happy with the stamping on that either. The body lines are just not crisp, and the classic fender bulge is weak. The patch panel is from another car that did not have a vinyl top, but the window channel was still rusted out. I had to re-build the channel, and fit it into my car. The fitting is almost done, but I still have to clean up the back side, and weld up a couple of pin holes in my patch before I can put it in. Not to mention prep the area of the car itself.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #3]

03-20-2016 05:00 PM Chevelle
This is a pic of the car after one of the re-paints. I have no idea when it was taken. Hopefully it will look this good again...

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #2]

03-20-2016 04:34 PM '70 Chevelle SS 396
This car has been in my family just a little bit longer than I have. Dad bought it brand new, and drove it for only a couple of years before he sold it to his dad. My granddad drove it until he passed away, and he left it to me in his will. The car has a 350HP 396, TH400, 3.36 posi, Cowl Induction, bucket seats with the console shifter, AC, PS, PB, and 4 speaker AM/FM/8-track stereo. I have all of the original paperwork, owners manual with the protect-o-plate, etc. Mom and dad brought me home from the hospital in it, and my wife and I brought our first-born home in it as well. The pic is of me and dad by the Chevelle, Easter of '73.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #1]