Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: hot_rod_kid's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View hot_rod_kid's profile Entries: 39
Views: 9063
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

07-29-2006 12:09 AM No pics this time
Just a little update, it's been awhile.

The car still doesn't have any floors. i might just give in and buy the ones from Classic Industries and put them in.

The motor is in pieces. Still planning on getting it tanked and soon the rebuilding should start. It's been 100* degrees lately, and being in a stuffy garage is the last thing on my mind.

I'm still doing the minor body work. It's almost done, soon it will be time to patch up the panels.

Thats it for now. Look for pics later.

[Entry #9]

05-16-2006 02:54 PM Center Console on AutoCAD
Here is the finished design of what I am doing in my class. I might add a couple other components with the 20 more days left in the class, so we'll see.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

05-13-2006 11:11 PM Engine Compartment cleanup
I'm currently in the process (along with the 100 other things) of cleaning up the engine bay so I can get really to drop the 327 in this summer. I really love the look of the black primer (it's staying that way too).

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

05-11-2006 02:35 PM Future body work
These are some of the really bad spots on this car. Stuff that I am really not looking forward to doing.

pic 1-The sun really affected this one. Sitting outdoors for 16 years was most likely the cause of it.

pic 2-I guess this a common occurance on most first gen Nova's. Rust has completely eaten away at the metal underneath the hood springs, both sides are this way.

pic 3-Bodywork gone bad??? This makes me quiver when I think of replacing this.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

05-11-2006 02:06 PM bondoed pt.2
Continued for last entry, here is the finish.

Pic one depicts the final sanding. Everything is filled, and all low spots have disapeered. She is ready for the primer.

Pic two is after the first layer of primer. After that I sanded the area down lighty with 500 grit and put another coat of primer on.

The last pic is the final product of the door that i was working on, straight and looking purdy, awaiting the final coat of primer.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8