Now that the tunnel is welded, making progress in other areas. There numerous holes in the floor from previous seats. I am not a skilled welder, but that is a task I could handle. Floor came out looking pretty good. Once holes were filled and smoothed with the grinder, hit the floor with sound proofing undercoat.
Here you can see the finished tunnel, still a little clean up to do. It has a slight crease, but that will be covered by carpet and will be mostly between the seats. Here are pictures just after finsih, and then with the cardboard shields removed. Next step is to set the Chrysler Sebring convertible seats in place and then mount them.
My friend Dennis dragged his mig over yesterday and we went to work on the drive shaft tunnel. Prior to that I had made card board template and transferred it to sheet metal and cut it out with a saber saw. Since the arc of the tunnel was different front and back, I did not try to have it rolled, but instead put a slight bow in it then tacked the front and back in place and slowly pulled it into shape tacking as we went. You can see pictures below with the trimmed sheet metal tacked in place, then Dennis fitting and welding. Working in the tight space was a challenge as you can see. Started on the back side to get the most difficult out of the way. Studebakers of this style have footwells for the back seat passengers. When finsihed mine will be covered up since it's rare to have someone in the back seat and never very far.