Once the booster and all that was in place and working properly..I had some weird issues with the brakes themselves.
What brakes basically?! They went out almost. They would barely work even with me standing on the pedal.
That was solved by replacing all the wheel cylinders and brake shoes. I also had the drums turned while they were off.
After a couple of tries at adjusting them out...they work fine. They are not self adjusting.
In the background of this picture, you can see some yellow shocks. I replaced the shocks all the way around with monroes (gas magnum rear and sensa tracs front). That was the best thing I have done for the suspension and handling so far.
Well..there is now a slight delay. Not for the usual reasons though. I have decided to go drive to the supernationals in Knoxville, TN if at all possible.
To that end:
I just put on some used Goodyear tires and the stainless ford "baby moons" that came with it. I put in a new O'reilly auto battery. I (well...dad) rebuilt the Holly 2100 carb. I put in new sealed beam halogen headlights. They make a huge difference. The old lights were called: "a candle in the wind" for good reason!
Next on the list is to remove a few leaves from the spring packs. That will lower it about 2" as well. Its a blast to drive, but rides like a 50 year old truck (even with new shocks).
3-1-06 It now has a tail-pipe. The spring poly pads are ordered. When they get here, I will remove a few leaves. New wiper arms/blades are ordered. Beauty rings are ordered. I have a clear in-line fuel filter to put in.
I need to adjust the E-brake to hold a little better. I have put close to 500 miles on it now. Its a lot of fun. Its not quite a daily driver...its an almost every daily driver. My Explorer sits most days now.
I need/want front and rear sway bars. I need to find a set of seat belts (Gray or Black). I will keep after it, but I want to go to the supernationals.