Today was a red letter day. We fired the motor for the first time today since it was rebuilt a couple years ago. We had a few hiccups along the way, put the radiator in, started filling it with coolant, and the radiator promptly started leaking like a sieve. So we pulled that one out & scrounged another one. Installed that one & it had a small pinhole. It was good enough to fire the motor. We primed the motor, pulled the primer, & stabbed in the distributor & it fired right off. First try, didn't even have to turn the distributor. Checked the timing & it was dead on. Found a valve leaking so we tightened that up, set the idle at 2000 & broke the cam in. Don't know if it was luck or skill that the distributor was dead on, but I am chalking it up to skill. LOL!!!
For the first time in a while my son and I made it out to the garage today. We installed all new brake lines plus put on a new master cylinder. We got the brakes bled (great pedal). Best of all for the first time in 7 years the Nova has brakes!!
This afternoon my son and I modified the factory console to install a B&M Starshifter. With some patience and a Dremel we got the task completed. Everything bolted down. If I say so myself we ended up with a very clean installation.