Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Gearhead Poppa's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Gearhead Poppa's profile Entries: 14
Views: 786
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3

04-19-2018 08:55 PM Project Nova: Tornado Survivor
Today was a red letter day. We fired the motor for the first time today since it was rebuilt a couple years ago. We had a few hiccups along the way, put the radiator in, started filling it with coolant, and the radiator promptly started leaking like a sieve. So we pulled that one out & scrounged another one. Installed that one & it had a small pinhole. It was good enough to fire the motor. We primed the motor, pulled the primer, & stabbed in the distributor & it fired right off. First try, didn't even have to turn the distributor. Checked the timing & it was dead on. Found a valve leaking so we tightened that up, set the idle at 2000 & broke the cam in. Don't know if it was luck or skill that the distributor was dead on, but I am chalking it up to skill. LOL!!!

[Entry #9]

04-06-2018 08:17 PM Project Nova: Tornado Survivor
For the first time in a while my son and I made it out to the garage today. We installed all new brake lines plus put on a new master cylinder. We got the brakes bled (great pedal). Best of all for the first time in 7 years the Nova has brakes!!

Not bad for a few hours of work.

[Entry #8]

02-26-2018 07:00 PM Project Nova: Tornado Survivor
This afternoon my son and I modified the factory console to install a B&M Starshifter. With some patience and a Dremel we got the task completed. Everything bolted down. If I say so myself we ended up with a very clean installation.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

02-26-2018 06:49 PM Project Nova: Tornado Survivor
February 23, 2018 Finally got the last of the rust repaired today. We replaced a small portion of the drivers side rear floor pan. Hot a bad couple hours work.

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

02-25-2018 10:06 AM Project Nova: Tornado Survivor
February 20, 2018 - Finally got all of the patches in. Now to grind welds & paint.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

Pages (3): 1 [2] 3