Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: Weimer's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Weimer's profile Entries: 29
Views: 15969
now viewing from the beginning || view most recent entries

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6

04-14-2004 01:11 AM The start of it all
Here is basically what I started with. I have always liked the square body style of the 1st generation S10 the best. This whole project started when I decided I wanted to build something simple....That didn't last long! I have to give some thanks/blame to a good friend of mine, Tyfer. If it wasn't for those words that he said to me in the spring of 2003 I probably wouldn't have starte this at all. He said "hey let's build a pair of S10's together" LOL! So the purchase was made for the rich price of $150.00

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #29]

04-14-2004 01:17 AM The Bumper
When I started this project I had a few ideas of what I wanted my truck to look like. I have always liked the look of the Toyota truck bumpers but I need to customize it to suit my taste. I have this obsession about not being able to leave ANYTHING stock. So I bought a 89 Toyota 4x4 bumper. I sectioned and shortened it, filled the center of it and made my own turn signals and driving light tunnels.
I thought that the Hagan lights looked good but being the cheapskate that I am I couldn't bring myself to pay $190.00 for something that I could make myself. FYI....Those are stock Toyota turn lenses. and the driving lights come from my friend Tyfer.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

04-14-2004 01:22 AM The Tail Lights
I was wanting to do something a little out of the norm with the tail lights. My original plan was to add a rollpan with LED lights and shave the stock lights. I was at the wrecking yard with my dad(Kevin45) and he just happened to look over and see a Caddy bumper sitting there...."Hey, how about those lights?" and so it began on the rear end. I am happy about the decision for the Caddy lights instead of the LEDs. Thanks Pop!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

04-14-2004 01:29 AM The Tailgate
I ordered a smooth tailgate skin to clean up the rearend along with a rollpan. The company that I bought the sheetmetal from sent the wrong style of skin. I wanted to keep an operating tailgate but the skin was to big to keep it functional so once again a change was made. I welded the tailgate solid and smoothed everything out. I am personally happy with it but some folks think that it is awful silly to have a truck that you can't haul stuff in. LOL!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

04-14-2004 01:35 AM The Doors
It would be kinda silly to not shave the door handles after I smoothed and changed the complete look of the bed and front bumper. So I shaved 'em off!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6