Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: NEW INTERIORS's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View NEW INTERIORS's profile Entries: 73
Views: 43794
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

01-23-2009 09:42 PM Making a 41 willys frame..
Here you can see I put the body mounts on.And put the back kick up on to the frame,When I laid out the jig,I make sure to put the center line,and the wheel base,It will help you as you go.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #28]

01-23-2009 08:41 PM Making a 41 willys frame..
As you can see here the way I built the jig so I can use c-clamp's,They are mans best friend.It's one of the most used tools in my shop.You can also see where the parts are all starting to come together.I left the center of the crossmember open,Because I will be putting in a drive shaft loop later.It's a good thing to know the size of the loop so you don't mess up and cut the opening to big.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #27]

01-23-2009 08:36 PM Making a 41 willys frame..
I made another jig to build the front part that zeee's up,And also the part that kick's up over the rear end.These jig's are the best way to build a frame.Once you have all your template's,You just cut your parts out.And I bevel all my butt's so I can get 100% weld's.Once you do that,Then just drop them into your jig,And it almost build's it self.Plus when tacking the parts together,They will stay in one place.Plus when you build your jig,you want to set it up where you can use clamps to help hold it in place to start your tacking.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #26]

01-23-2009 08:26 PM Making a 41 willys frame..
Here you can see how the jig is all laid out.And some of the template's I was talking about.Some for the front zeee in the frame,And the kick up over the rear end.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #25]

01-23-2009 08:22 PM Making a 41 willys frame..
First I start off with a jig.I made this jig out of wood to keep the cost down,Plus it's easy to store later.I lay out the whole frame on this jig.Then I took some 1''x2'' boards in cut them about 4'' long.Once it's all laid out,I nailed this along the outside of the lines.Every foot are so apart.This will hold all the frame in place.I made a template for every part on this frame.I'm planning to built more then one,So this will help later.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #24]

Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15