Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Lexan windshield install
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 05:11 PM
True Hotrodder

Wiki Edits: 0

One issue you will have is the depth difference and assuming you are not using the stock window trim. If you 're putting in say 1/8" stuff and the windshield frame is 1/4 deep, you need a spacer. You can take strips of extra lexan and make spacers. Second item is drilling the holes for mounting. it depends on the curvature but spacing is between 2 and 3 inches. Best way I found was to take masking tape and marking it with a sharpie, then applying the masking tape to the lexan. Oh and keep the plastic protection on it until you are finished. Also if you want a black edge around the window, I found that Krylon was good and easy to do. On the backside, I marked off how wide I wanted the edge and then lightly went over it with a razor blade. Remove the protective sheet from that area being careful to not lift the protection from the rest of the window. New razor blades are a must! Anyway, lightly scuff it with a 3m pad and then shoot it with the Krylon. Two thin coats are about all you need.