Hot Rod Forum banner

Model A doors Again

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  adtkart 
#1 ·
Hey I know the responses in the past to flush fitting model A doors have been very limited so here we go again I installed auto loc hidden hinges in a 30 tudor and mounted the doors suicide now i want to flush the doors in I am leaning towards trimming the doors down the B pilar side and addind a angle channel across the top to inset the top of doors seems how I filled in all the drip rail and smoothed it. I think removing the overlap will allow the doors to open a bit further without hitting the qaurter panel has anyone else tackled this in the past and have other ideas or suggestions or pics woulds be great. thanks for the help

#3 ·
I can't help you much, but I'd like to see some pictures of your hinge setup.

I'm hoping to start my model A sedan soon too, I already have the body and would like to flush fit the doors as well. What I was thinking of doing extend the body an 1" at the door sill and header. Then the door can be left as is.

Mine has no roof and i'll be building a custom frame so it might be easier than changing the doors.

#4 ·
I will try to post some pics soon. The doors do just wrap the frame and pinch over it then are spot welded every so often my plan is to cut 3 to 4 inches off at a time and the tack the sheet metal and frame back together so it doesn't separate to bad we'll see anyway if that works. I did a little of the A pillar side to try and make my door gap perfect it will definitely take some serious time to do the whole door

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.