Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Which is more reliable, a CS130D or a CS144?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Joe, thanks for the reply/info.

I may consider rebuilding/reusing the CS130, but was/am considering other options because of the reputation it has.

I agree 10 years is not bad, but it is not a DD and does not have a lot of miles on it.

Before posting I already went to Pick a Part yard and got a CS144 and a CS130 that had a different case than what I currently have on my "original CS130". They were only $14 each and I wanted to confirm fitment issues before buying or rebuilding one.

To get the car back on the road, I have installed the CS144, but I don't really like the way it looks.

I also have a couple used CS130Ds that I could install with some modification to the mounting arrangement.

I had not heard about the grounding issue with the CS130s and I did not have a ground strap on the one I was using, but I will install one, if I reuse it.

Do the CS130D and the CS144 also need additional grounding if retrofit into a V-belt arrangement?