Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Mounting v6 4.3L on impala 77 l6 250
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 11:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
The 4.3 is a dog. It was designed to be a 200k engine. It is more industrial based then hot rod based. The engine is also outdated. You missed the performance parts window. Any stuff you do find will be expensive.

The 250 can be built. Some of the things the Australians have done is amazing. But none of that stuff comes cheap.

Simple fact is if you want power your best bet is a v8. Run a 350 with vortec heads and around 9/1 compression. Good chance your going to exceeded the power of the above two out the box with lots of room to grow. Dollar for dollar a 350 will get you the most horsepower of these 3.

Dont get me wrong I like the 4.3. Never understood the 2.8. But I like the 4.3. The thing is a good engine as long as you respect it for what it is. You can improve them to make v8 power but you can make that same amount of power in a v8 with far less stress.

The 250 is also in the same group. Good engine when it is used as intended. But if you want to make more power, and have the room, and have a problem, and need help, and you can find them.
Then you need a V8.

tnq so much

i wanna have an egine with good power but with low mileage

if i wanna have just powerfull engine v8 is best of the best but my goal mileage with power

tnx