Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A MUST HAVE cheapie spray gun for using upside down.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 01:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
I recall this happening to a procedure I wrote about as well. No shame, I borrow techniques wherever it makes sense. Nobody's inventing the wheel here. I at least try it out and give it a good run before suggesting it to others, that way I'm aware of the pros and cons. If you aren't getting your hands dirty it's vague and not full of detail. Not suggesting Martin does this though
Ditto,

Over 35+ years I've learned so much from so many different people and learned at least something from almost everybody I've ever worked with. Some of whom I have forgotten their names and what exactly they taught me.

They taught me without looking for validation or to have their ego's stroked and many do the same for others. So for someone to look for footnotes and bibliographies or call someone out in the passing of a slick tip or general info on an informal website just seems ridiculous.

Some of those that have been doing it a long time take things that are routine or the most basic of things for granted and some forget where they came from as they too had to learn from somewhere. I'm sure some appreciated the info posted and Brian being excited about his new toy.