Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A MUST HAVE cheapie spray gun for using upside down.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 6,808 Times in 4,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster_G View Post
LOL, I could get into a lengthy conversation here.
I've never had a problem making money doing it the right way. Even with the reinspects that had to be repaired. The car was already a problem before I got it and the ins co. just wants the problem solved being as it was usually one of their "pro" shops they originally steered the customer to that jacked it up. I could ask for 10 hours to clean up panel bond or to find and dig out plug welds and do it the right way and they would pay it. I don't envy the paint guys these days with Ins Co's wanting the to panel paint 3 stage colors and what not, but on the body side it really helps if the person dealing with the adjuster has some formal training, I-car or the like. Sometimes the money is made with the pen in the yard after the initial teardown.
Do a little research on Mazda 46G, it's basically a 4 stage and THEY HARDEST color to match right now. Our paint rep is a master, and he goes from shop to shop spraying it and trying to teach others how to.

Brian