Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My junk
Thread: My junk
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 07:56 AM
Mark Goulette

Wiki Edits: 0

Couple updates. Trans is out of the car and apart so case, bell, and flex plate can get recert done. Was going to take it to JW already but work got in the way, vacation coming up, so it's gonna be a bit before I get it done...good thing is between the trip to JW from my house, waiting for them to do the certs, then back to the house, put it back together, and put it in the car is a one day deal.....long day, but one day regardless. Seat belts also expired, so got the new set, just need to install them. Being lazy today so I'll work on that later. Got new radio connections and helmet set as old one stopped working....new connector is a lot shorter so need to figure out whether or not I'll have to move the radio. Cable from the antenna is only so long so I need to figure something out other wise I won't be able to plug my helmet into the comm....

While the trans is out, also need to figure out routing for fuel shutoff cable so when I install the injection, I have it routed....

Checked on a local place to modify my fuel tank to increase capacity.....won't be calling them back. They wanted $1600 plus materials!!! I called Mike Bos (car builder) and they said just send them the old tank, they will build me a new one with whatever bungs I want, and send both back for $400. You can guess what I'm going to do.....Mike even said they could do it in about two days and have it back to me.....

Inductions Solutions will be welding the new bungs on my intake. They aren't that far from here, quick turn around, and work is second to none....great price too, only $200 and they will blend the bungs into the runners as well.

I'm going to get the car back together and make some passes on gas in september, finish the tuning so I have something to compare to. Then off comes the gas stuff, on goes alky stuff, and back to the track.

Two biggest things I'm excited about, regardless of outcome of testing is MUCH cheaper fuel and lower fuel bill, and no more overheating issues......One of the best qualities of running alcohol is that engines actually have trouble building heat.....that's not a bad thing.....