Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - My new home spray booth design - 17 photos
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 07:34 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35prog View Post
What do you use for paper on the floor? Where do you store the "filter wall" when not in use to keep the intake filters clean? I used an exterior door casing and anchored it to the wall and then installed J channel that mount to plywood with 8 16X16 furnace filters on the exhaust side. This keeps the majority of over spray off the fans. I love your set up, but the storage of the filter wall may be an issue for me to copy.
After I finish the paint job on this car I figure it will be at least a few years before I paint again. My plan is to remove the filters and put them back in the box they came shipped in. Then I'll use a marker and number all the piece of wood and metal ties and then snap a photo of it for later reference. I'll then dismantle it, put all the ties in a bag. Storage is will be super easy that way and re-assembly when the time comes should be really easy.

The paper on the floor is from Lowes.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-B...40-ft/50265367

If the spray masking ends up not working that good for the exhaust fans, I will consider designing some sort of exhaust filter frame for my next job. Maybe something like you suggest. l decided to wait to clean my fans until I finish painting the rest of the parts on this car.

I also lightly sprayed the USC Magic Mask on top of it so the paper would hold dust and overspray. That worked really well.