Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Name the iconic features of 30s, 50s, 60s GM cars
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 07:19 PM
More for Less Racer

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
Good response, thank you.

I am looking for your favorite elements of your favorite era on each make.

The latest era in question is from 62-73 and I like the 71, 72 and 73 Chevelle and Camaro tails, but not the ones from any other Chevys. Eric was there one that you liked best out of the ones you named?

From what you said, I'll count your late era votes as

Chevy- nothing, Buick- low rear wheel openings, Olds- boxy split grille, Pontiac- shaker.

That sound like your favorite things? I appreciate your participation.
Similar to you, '71-73Chevelle and 70-73 Camaro, especially the RS version...but I also really like the '68-69 Camaro RS front end treatment, the headlight doors....I pretty much like any car with them...Ford, Mercury, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac....even the big full size cars that had it like the '68-69 Caprice, '68-70 Ford Galaxie, '70-71 Plymouth Fury III.
I love the inverse cove and taillight shape of the '67-68 Mustang, very stylish(and the Shelby sequential tail lights), the headlight doors on the Cougars, '70-71 Torino
'70-71 Torino is an all around great looking car.
'68-70 AMX/Javelin are really showing today how great and timeless their design was.
I love anything fastback...Torino, Galaxie, Mustang, Dodge Charger '66-67, ANC Marlin, '68 Impala sorta-fastback, '68-69 Barracuda....In my opinion Chevrolet really missed the boat on no having a serious fastback option on either the Chevy II(look up the Bill Thomas Fastback to see what I mean) for '63-65, '66-67 Nova, and for the '67- 69 Camaro or the '66-67 Chevelle.
If there is a fastback version of something, it automatically slays the coupe version of the same car IMO.

I also love the 71-73 Mustang fastback "flatroof", the one the Ford guys often don't care much for. Mustang fastback = cool, coupe = yuck.

'70-73 Firebird/TA/Formula is also a favorite, great looking front end sister to the RS Camaro.
'73-74 Chevelle Laguna S-3 are super cool(with there were more of those)….even the '75-76 version is growing on me., as are '73-74 Lemans and Grand Am, and the '77 Can Am(wish there were more of these, so cool).

A lot of the 1970-1980 Australian stuff is really cool too, you can spot the design similarity of thought for each make compared to US cars, and there are some awesome shapes over there.
The Following User Says Thank You to ericnova72 For This Useful Post:
BogiesAnnex1 (06-15-2019)